The exam like Civil Services is undoubtedly one of the extremely difficult exams and hence requires a proper process to initiate the preparation and right guidance throughout the preparation process. Every decision is important at this stage, as 1 wrong decision can lead the students to wrong paths and can take them away to their goal to become an IAS. After setting a goal to become a Civil Services aspirant, the first and foremost step is to find the right guide. And to find the right guide, what’s better than finding the right UPSC Coaching who will not only guide but will also provide concise study material and all the important resources which an aspirant requires to excel in this quest. But, now the problem is there are thousands of UPSC coaching centres across India and which is the best is the question of every UPSC aspirant.
We know the seriousness of Civil Services Exam and acknowledge the fact that it requires right guidance and support to get through the 3 extremely challenging stages of the exam. Therefore, we have prepared the list of top 10 UPSC coaching institutes after extensive research with our experts. These UPSC coaching institutes not only provide valuable coaching for Civil Services Exam but also for the State Services Exam.
We hope this list would suffice your purpose to select the best guidance for your Civil Services Exam preparation.
Note: The list may have missed some good institutes. If you feel so then just comment below and let us verify it. I have mentioned these IAS institutes on basis of reputation and in unsorted order (i.e. not on ranking order).
1. Vajiram and Ravi
Vajiram & Ravi is India’s well-known UPSC coaching preparing candidates for the Civil Services Examination. The Institute was founded in 1976 by Professor P. Velayutham.
• Academy has given 5000 Civil Servants till date
• The teaching faculty of the Institute has been drawn from highly qualified and experienced teachers of the Central Universities and other reputed Institutes
• The Institute has an exclusive centre for Correspondence Education which employs all the latest techniques of distance education to cater fully to the needs of the candidate
• Regular and weekend batches for both English and Hindi Medium
• Mock Interviews
Presence: Delhi Only
Address: Vajiram & Ravi, 9-B, Bada Bazaar Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi -60. (Close to Karol Bagh metro station)
2. Chanakya IAS Academy
Aiming to help realize the dreams of students get into Indian Administrative Services, Chanakya IAS Academy was founded in 1993 by the vision and toil of Mr. AK Mishra, Founder & Chairman. Chanakya IAS Academy aims to develop amongst its students a competitive attitude along with sound academic base with quality teaching and individual attention as its hallmark
• With over 24 years of excellence, the UPSC coaching has given more than 4000 Civil Servants to the nation
• Chanakya IAS Academy houses seasoned faculty members and subject experts who coach students to success in Civil Services Examination
• The Academy organizes seminars and workshops with the help of civil servants and experts in soft skills to train the aspirants to think, feel and express like administrators
• Comprehensively designed Test Series for both the stages Prelims and Mains stages
• Regular and weekend batches for both English and Hindi Medium students
• Most recommended Mock Interviews with field experts like retired IAS officers
• State of the art infrastructure and Library facility
Presence: The comprehensive approach towards IAS preparation has received an overwhelming response and has led to the pan India presence of Chanakya IAS Academy. The Academy has over 21 centres across India. Click Here to get all the centre details of the academy.
Head Office’s Address: Chanakya IAS Academy, South Delhi Branch, 123-124, (IInd Floor), Satya Niketan, Benito Juarez Marg Opp. Venky College, Near: Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi – 110021
The Study Circle was created by Dr. S. Rau in the year 1953 as an independent body with a view to establishing a bench-mark institution to achieve excellence in the toughest competitive exam in the country, i.e. Indian Administrative Service Exam which has now come to be known as Civil Services Exam.
• The faculty of the Study Circle is composed of experienced educators, competent administrators, and dedicated researchers.
• Innovative and Unique Learning Methodology
• Regular and Weekend Batches
• Test Series for Prelims and Mains
• Mock Interviews
• Study material in all subjects is complimented with previous years’ question papers and assignment questions for self-practice
• Small batch size to give individual attention
Presence: 3 Centres across India. New Delhi, Jaipur, and Bengaluru
Head Office’s Address: 309, Kanchenjunga Building, 18 Barakhamba Road, Connaught Place, New Delhi -110001
Byju’s was established in 2011 with a special focus on K 12 segment. Byju’s provides coaching for Civil Services Exams, State Services Exam, and many other competitive exams. It offers coaching program online. Byju’s launched tablet learning program for competitive exams and grades 8-12 to make quality content and teachers more accessible to all.
• Byju’s LMS for quality teaching at the convenience of home
• Byju’s learning app to get students and teachers on one platform
• Test Series for all stages of exams
• Learnings with video lessons
Presence: Worldwide through technology
Head Office’s Address: 2nd Floor, Tower D, IBC Knowledge Park, 4/1, Bannerghatta Main Road, Bengaluru
5. Vision IAS
VISION IAS is India’s premier research, and training institution, which continuously innovates to help Civil Service aspirants actualize their dreams through ‘integrated efforts’ of an Interactive learning system, Teamwork, Technology & Innovation
• Flexible and highly Adaptive Learning System
• Integrating Information Technology Solutions to enhance learning capacity & optimizing efforts
• Coaching available both online and offline
• Evolving Study material constantly to keep ahead
• Well-designed Test Series
• Regular Seminars and toppers’ talks at the UPSC coaching to keep students motivated and keep guiding them
Presence: 14 centres across India. Click Here to know more about the centres
Head Office’s Address: 2nd Floor, Apsara Arcade, 1/8 b, Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, Delhi – 110005
6. Insights IAS
Insight IAS Academy began its journey of transforming the lives of civil services aspirants and to guide them to become successful civil services officers in the year 1988 under the guidance of the Director of the Academy Prof. S. BALIYAN and other mosaics of experts. Since then, it has been a custom of the academy that every year more than 200 INSIGHTIANS join the ranks of Indian bureaucracy.
• Well-structured course curriculum of Insight IAS Academy develops the conceptual understanding of each topic
• A dedicated team of experts to track current events and present in a lucid way to help students from Preliminary stage to Interview
• Well formulated Test Series is their hallmark
• Concise Study material
• Regular and weekend batches
Presence: 2 centres in Delhi
Head Office’s Address: 60/17, Above Subway Restaurant, Old Rajender Nagar, New Delhi-110060
ALS is India’s Premier institution established with the sole aim to initiate, enable and empower individuals to grow up to be extraordinary Civil Servants. ALS invites students who are prepared to interface their experience and diverse backgrounds with our high-end educational programmes. In last 25 years, the academy has been the part successful stories of 2439+ candidates who qualified Civil Services Exam under our guidance.
• Known for its unique technology in imparting knowledge of General Studies, Geography, History, Public Administration and Sociology for the Civil Services Examination both in English and Hindi mediums
• Follows a Unique Learning Approach consisting of several distinct stages — workshops, training programmes for IAS entrance, self-study, self-evaluation, frequent class tests and answer writing sessions.
• The regular classroom learning is supplemented with specially designed study material
• Provides coaching both Online and Offline
Head Office’s Address: 1st & 2nd Floor Aggarwal Auto Mall, A-Block, Plot II, Shalimar Place District, Centre, Outer Ring Road, Delhi 110088
Drishti, The Vision Foundation was founded on November 1, 1999, with an objective to provide the Civil Services aspirants useful, qualitative and updated teaching facility and study material. The UPSC coaching has set high standards for teaching in Optional Subjects, Essay and for Interview along with General Studies and CSAT.
• State of the art infrastructure
• Well framed Test Series
• A team of field experts as faculty members
• Regular and weekend batches
• Regular classroom discussions and Tests to keep assessing students’ level of preparation
Head Office’s Address: DRISHTI THE VISION FOUNDATION, 641, 1ST FLOOR MUKHERJEE NAGAR, DELHI-110009
9. Shankar IAS Academy
The UPSC coaching, since 2004, has been coaching IAS aspirants for Civil Services Examination by helping them fine-tune their IAS preparation with a more focused approach. With 800+ UPSC, 1500+ TNPSC & 1000+ selections in the banking sector, Shankar IAS Academy has strengthened their presence in Southern India.
• One of the most trusted UPSC coaching in South India
• The only UPSC coaching in India to have exclusive classes for Map reading and newspaper reading in the foundation course
• Dedicated website exclusively for Current Affairs – www.iasparliament.com (a Shankar IAS Academy initiative)
• Only Online course in the country that offers live two-way communication
Presence: Chennai, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, Adayar, Salem, and Madurai
Head Office’s Address: Shankar IAS Academy, Door No 18, Old Plot No 109, New Plot No 259, AL Block, 4th Avenue, Shanthi Colony, Annanagar, Chennai ‐ 600040.