The exam like Civil Services is undoubtedly one of the extremely difficult exams and hence requires a proper process to initiate the preparation and right guidance throughout the preparation process. Every decision is important at this stage, as 1 wrong decision can lead the students to wrong paths and can take them away from their goal to become an IAS. After setting a goal to become a Civil Services aspirant, the first and foremost step is to find the right guide. And to find the right guide, what’s better than finding the right UPSC Coaching who will not only guide but will also provide concise study material and all the important resources which an aspirant requires to excel in this quest. But, now the problem is there are thousands of UPSC coaching centers across India and which is the best is the question of every UPSC aspirant.
We know the seriousness of Civil Services Exam and acknowledge the fact that it requires right guidance and support to get through the 3 extremely challenging stages of the exam. Therefore, we have prepared the list of top 7 UPSC coaching institutes after extensive research with our experts. These UPSC coaching institutes not only provide valuable coaching for Civil Services Exam but also for the State Services Exam.
We hope this list would suffice your purpose to select the best guidance for your Civil Services Exam preparation.
Note:The list may have missed some good institutes. If you feel so then just comment below and let us verify it. I have mentioned these IAS institutes on basis of reputation and in unsorted order (i.e. not on ranking order).
1. Chanakya IAS Academy
Aiming to help realize the dreams of students get into Indian Administrative Services, Chanakya IAS Academy was founded in 1993 by the vision and toil of Mr. AK Mishra, Founder & Chairman. Chanakya IAS Academy aims to develop amongst its students a competitive attitude along with sound academic base with quality teaching and individual attention as its hallmark
• With over 24 years of excellence, the UPSC coaching has given more than 4000 Civil Servants to the nation
• Chanakya IAS Academy houses seasoned faculty members and subject experts who coach students to succeed in the Civil Services Examination
• The Academy organizes seminars and workshops with the help of civil servants and experts in soft skills to train the aspirants to think, feel and express like administrators
• Comprehensively designed Test Series for both the stages Prelims and Mains stages
• Regular and weekend batches for both English and Hindi Medium students
• Most recommended Mock Interviews with field experts like retired IAS officers
• State of the art infrastructure and Library facility
Presence: The comprehensive approach towards IAS preparation has received an overwhelming response and has led to the pan India presence of Chanakya IAS Academy. The Academy has over 21 centers across India. Click Here to get all the center details of the academy.
Head Office’s Address: Chanakya IAS Academy, South Delhi Branch, 123-124, (IInd Floor), Satya Niketan, Benito Juarez Marg Opp. Venky College, Near: Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi – 110021
2. Drishti IAS
Drishti, The Vision Foundation was founded on November 1, 1999, with an objective to provide the Civil Services aspirants useful, qualitative and updated teaching facility and study material. The UPSC coaching has set high standards for teaching in Optional Subjects, Essay and for Interview along with General Studies and CSAT.
• State of the art infrastructure
• Well framed Test Series
• A team of field experts as faculty members
• Regular and weekend batches
• Regular classroom discussions and Tests to keep assessing students’ level of preparation
Presence: The Academy has its monumental presence in the Capital city Delhi. Students, especially the ones opting Civil Servcies from Hindi Medium prefer turning towards the academy. Although, academic excellance, for the institution, is strong for both Language Mediums.
Head Office’s Address: DRISHTI THE VISION FOUNDATION, 641, 1ST FLOOR MUKHERJEE NAGAR, DELHI-110009
3. Shankar IAS Academy
The UPSC coaching, since 2004, has been coaching IAS aspirants for Civil Services Examination by helping them fine-tune their IAS preparation with a more focused approach. With 800+ UPSC, 1500+ TNPSC & 1000+ selections in the banking sector, Shankar IAS Academy has strengthened their presence in Southern India.
• One of the most trusted UPSC coaching in South India
• The only UPSC coaching in India to have exclusive classes for Map reading and newspaper reading in the foundation course
• Dedicated website exclusively for Current Affairs – www.iasparliament.com (a Shankar IAS Academy initiative)
• Only Online course in the country that offers live two-way communication
Presence: Chennai, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, Adayar, Salem, and Madurai
Head Office’s Address: Shankar IAS Academy, Door No 18, Old Plot No 109, New Plot No 259, AL Block, 4th Avenue, Shanthi Colony, Annanagar, Chennai ‐ 600040.
4. Dhyey IAS
Dhyeya IAS focuses at developing a competitive attitude in their students by guiding their Civil Services Examination preparation in the right direction with a focused approach. Quality teaching and impromtu assisstance, offered by the academy, makes it a genuine choice for dedicated CSE aspirants. The institution also offers assistance to students with economical challenges.
- Face-to-face & Live streaming centers across India
- Relevant study material
- Seasoned faculty from the field
- Well-designed Test Series
- Sound Teaching Methodology
Presence: The Academy has 5 face to face centers and 26 Live Streaming centers across India with an addition soon to be inaugurated at the ‘City- Well-Planned’ Chandigarh.
Head Office’s Address: Dhyeya IAS, 635, Ground Floor, Main Road, Dr. Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi-110009
5. Sriram IAS
One of the leading institutes in India, Sriram IAS, has been toiling successfully for past 3 decades to be the Centre of excellence with a mision of developing ethical future leaders. The Institution is most trusted for GS preparation.
- Flexible Adaptive Learning System
- Study material constantly revised for better learning
- Test Series and Evaluations based strictly on UPSC pattern
- Expert Support & Guidance for all students
Presence: The Academy has their presence in New Delhi with 2 centers, one being in Old Rajinder Nagar and the other in DU north Campus.
Head Office’s Address: Sriram IAS, 22-B, Pusa Road, Bada Bazar Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi-110060
6. Insights IAS
Insight IAS Academy began its journey of transforming the lives of civil services aspirants and to guide them to become successful civil services officers in the year 1988 under the guidance of the Director of the Academy Prof. S. BALIYAN and other mosaics of experts. Since then, it has been a custom of the academy that every year more than 200 INSIGHTIANS join the ranks of Indian bureaucracy.
• Well-structured course curriculum of Insight IAS Academy develops the conceptual understanding of each topic
• A dedicated team of experts to track current events and present in a lucid way to help students from Preliminary stage to Interview
• Well formulated Test Series is their hallmark
• Concise Study material
• Regular and weekend batches
Presence: 2 centers in Delhi
Head Office’s Address: 60/17, Above Subway Restaurant, Old Rajender Nagar, New Delhi-110060
ALS is India’s Premier institution established with the sole aim to initiate, enable and empower individuals to grow up to be extraordinary Civil Servants. ALS invites students who are prepared to interface their experience and diverse backgrounds with our high-end educational programmes. In last 25 years, the academy has been the part successful stories of 2439+ candidates who qualified Civil Services Exam under our guidance.
• Known for its unique technology in imparting knowledge of General Studies, Geography, History, Public Administration and Sociology for the Civil Services Examination both in English and Hindi mediums
• Follows a Unique Learning Approach consisting of several distinct stages — workshops, training programmes for IAS entrance, self-study, self-evaluation, frequent class tests and answer writing sessions.
• The regular classroom learning is supplemented with specially designed study material
• Provides coaching both Online and Offline
Head Office’s Address: 1st & 2nd Floor Aggarwal Auto Mall, A-Block, Plot II, Shalimar Place District, Centre, Outer Ring Road, Delhi 110088