Civil Services is a coveted dream for thousands of aspiring candidates. Serious aspirants, willing to prepare for the highly competitive Civil Services examination, will want to know how to get through and we understand the concern. Since Prelims 2019 is coming up, there are a lot of speculations regarding where to start from and how to do it in the best way! In this article, we will help you target Civil Services Prelims Exam 2019, and make sure you crack it!
But before we move ahead, there are certain ‘must follows’, you should know –
- First and foremost, read and understand the syllabus well.
- Civil Services Prelims Examination is a qualifying stage, where questions are asked in the objective type pattern. And your competition is with yourself! Make sure you are well prepared!
- Being a time-bound paper, of duration 2 hours each, you must have a strong hold on solving objective questions within the stipulated time and only Mock Tests can help you master this! It will also help you get better with the selection of the correct answer, in lesser time. It is all about the practice, knowing the exam pattern, managing time well and boosting up the confidence!
- NCERTS is most important. Begin your preparation with NCERTs and form a stronger foundation with each subject, and then go for standard books.
- Current Affairs knowledge is crucial to qualify this stage, along with a sound knowledge of academic curriculum. For Daily Current Affairs update, visit the students corner of Chanakya IAS Academy, as it is an important source to cover current affairs part. Rest, Current Affairs booklet, Daily News Analysis, Rajya Sabha TV, Lok Sabha TV, India Year Book and such kind of current affairs sources are important to study for current affairs coverage.
- Repeating the importance of practising the paper beforehand, makes sure you have solved at least past 5 years question papers, well in time. It is also helpful in understanding the current pattern and trend of the questions asked in the Civil Services Examination.
- Having assessed yourself on multiple grounds, make sure you rectify the weak areas before you attempt for the actual exam. If there are any subjects or particular topics, make sure you get it clear from an expert, peer or guide.
Ignorance is not accepted in the Civil Services – be it the exam or the career as a Civil Servant!
- Do not go over-confident with the Civil Services Exam, because UPSC can always surprise you! Sheer dedication and sincerity are what you need!
Sometimes, things that seem simple are not actually as easy as they look! Civil Services Exam is not a coveted dream for just its perks, but also because the selection procedure is such that only the best of the lot gets through! And, when it is the first and foremost Prelims stage, the stake of risk is higher. We are sure you do not want to go without the guards!
So here is the study plan, devised by the experts, to guard your Civil Services Prelims Exam preparation-